Thursday, August 16, 2007

Enjoying Netbeans Ruby integration

While listening to the Java Posse I noticed the work that Sun is doing with the Netbeans Ruby integration

This integration can be found in NetBeans IDE 6.0 Milestone 10 (M10). However, by reading Tor Norbye's blog I learned about nice features that are only available with the daily builds. So I decided to download a recent build and give it a try.

Here's some things that I found interesting and useful:

Debugger

Nice debugger integration with the IDE.



Highlight block open/close element

This is a very useful feature to find out if nested blocks are closed.



Code navigator

To quickly program elements inside a file.



Hints

Display hints to improve the code or fix a bug. For example while editing a program from a previous post it showed me this:




Also it suggest a fix for that issue:




Very nice!